BUYERS – INFORMATION FOR DALLAS HOMEBUYERS
If you live in or are planning to relocate to the Dallas area and are planning to purchase a home in the near future, you have come to the right place! This section is dedicated to providing information for homebuyers about every aspect of the home buying process, including:
- Deciding whether or not buying a home is the right decision for you.
- How To Get Started – The First Steps of buying a home.
- The Homebuying Process from start to finish.
- The Mortgage Process, including how to get Pre-Approved in a mortgage usually in less than 10 minutes from the comfort of your home or office.
- Frequently-Asked Questions about buying a home.
- The advantages to working with a Realtor®.
IS BUYING A HOME THE RIGHT DECISION FOR YOU?
Owning a home is one of the cornerstones of the American Dream. Deciding whether buying a home is a good personal decision for you is a good question to ask yourself. Owning a home provides some tremendous personal, emotional and often financial benefits. However, owning a home also entails taking some amount of financial risk.
My goal is not to talk you in to buying a home. I would much rather work with educated homebuyers that are 100% confident in their decision to buy. Let’s face it: Buying a home is not for everyone. The most common reason the dream of home ownership turns into a nightmare for some people is because they failed to make a common sense financial plan for home ownership.
The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved with a lender, but I strongly recommend establishing a realistic budget and goals before even talking with a lender so you’ll know exactly what you’re comfortable spending both monthly and for a down payment.